I’m a International Defensive Pistol Association Competitor, Security Officer, and NRA Certified Instructor in various disciplines. I feel that my experience in competition and armed security gives me a unique and entertaining perspective on the proper and safe use of any firearm.
“Being a good shot is only 10% of what makes a good firearm instructor, the other 90% is the instructor’s ability to teach a complex task.” ~Dan Pizzi
I am an Aviation and Armed Security Professional with experience in various facets of both industries from Flying, Aviation Safety, Aviation Business Management, Airport Security, Asset Protection, and Campus Security. Throughout my aviation career I have also undergone Flight Instructor training and am fluent in the Fundamentals of Instruction and the adult learning process. My employment involves the training of new hires for complex, safety oriented tasks, which occur in noisy outdoor environments. (Sound familiar?)
“I want your first shooting experience to be favorable, positive, and confidence building. I want you to walk away from this course knowing that you have learned a new skill and will use that skill in the future. I will make sure that you walk away from this course with the proper knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary to own and operate a firearm.” ~Dan Pizzi